Here are some free online resources that you can use to teach yourself something new and useful. If you have others I should add to the list, please let me know.
General art principles
- The Loomis Books
- List of other free books online.
- Light and Water by Montagu Pollock
- The Reilly Papers Blog - Student of the Reilly method is posting notes and examples from Reilly
- Free Autodesk library for students (Maya, 3DS Max, Mudbox, Sketchbook Pro and so on.) If you are a student you can sign up for a free 3 year renewable license with your student email address.
- iTunes U course on learning the basics of Maya
- Free 3D sculpting program "Sculptris" (PC/Mac)
- Free PC/Mac easy to use 3d program "Wings 3D"
- Free essential lessons to learn the basics of Zbrush
- Pixologic hub for zbrush tutorials
- 55 zbrush dragons